Thursday, August 21, 2008

it is done!!




Mom's wrap is done!! Yayyyy!! I'm debating blocking it but I don't think it needs it. 4 skeins knit pics alpaca dream (bulky weight suri alpaca) in the tiramisu colorway. Love it. SOOOOO soft and warm!!! I hope she likes it. Every tuesday night she has a meeting at church and a friend of her's has a wrap they all take turns with. Now mom will be able to bring her own. :-) And, it is one for my Llympics contest!! Yippie! I have no hope of finishing Meg's blanket by Sunday, so I'll have to dig out something else to work on. Maybe my son's socks that I started a long time ago. I also joined the mystery stole 4 KAL, and got my beads today. Still need a tiny crochet hook for it, but I think it will be beautiful when done with the beads. One of my weekly knitting group friends brought in a GEORGEOUS shawl she had done that was all beaded and lacy last night. OMG we all just fell in love with it. It was huge and looked very complicated but oh so beautiful. She said by the end she had around 1000 sts on the needle and each row was taking her about half an hour. I don't think I have that kind of patience! So, what next for me? Well, I have tons of sock yarn calling my name, but I think I might do a shawl for myself. I have some georgeous heavy worsted weight yarn I got on sale one time, and I have a pattern for a diamond lace one I've been wanting to try. I had tried it in the yarn reccomended, lion brand homespun, but it was too hard to see the stitches below to figure out where I was in the pattern. I think I'm going to try it again in this yarn. Hmmmm. So many things to knit, too little time during the day!

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

Good job finishing! I know your mom will be thrilled--it's like a hug from you every time she wears it.

Glad you are going to make a shawl. Gladder you aren't going to use Homespun. :-)