Monday, August 18, 2008

Hand dyed hurdles

One of the events I joined in the Llympics is the Hand Dyed Hurdles. I had 3 skeins left from my dyeing party, so here's what I did today:


2 packets Orange, 2 packets Lime, and for the blue it was 1 pack of blue rasberry lemonade and one of the hawaiian punch blue typhoon.


first I did the hawaiian punch blue typhoon and kool aid raspberry lemonade to dye the whole skein, then I made up another batch of the same color and added half a pack of tropical punch to make it a little purple and just used a turkey baster to put it in a few places. This is the knit picks donegal yarn so it also has little bits of red and orange in it, really pretty


This one has 2 packs of pink lemonade for the light pink and a pack of black cherry with a pack of strawberry for the red. This one is cute.



This is how the blue looked in the bowl



This is how I get stripes. I separate the hank into 2 (or 3) glasses in a microwave safe dish and mix each one individually. Microwave just like this.


All 3 skeins together. :-) It will take longer to dry this time since it is rainy and not hot outside. I decided to hang them in my laundry room with the heat lamp on. I think I might save these for the craft bazaar rather than make socks with them, since I have yarn for at least 4 or 5 pairs waiting for me now! :-)

No comments: