Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Charity Coordinator

I have been made charity coordinator for my online knitting group :-) I'm organizing a drive of preemie hats, an ongoing drive that will hopefully last for a long time. Other preemie items such as blankets etc are welcome too, but as a mom of a preemie I can tell you the hats are one of the most useful items. I'm going to be donating them on behalf of our group to Stitches From The Heart (http://www.stitchesfromtheheart.org/) which is a wonderful organization. I'm really looking forward to this! I've got a shoebox full of preemie hats and hopefully will be recieving lots more to send in.

Thanks everyone who told me my socks weren't that bad. Several people told me that if I just fix the bind off they will be wearable, even if not perfect. Once I get the courage to attempt to unravel that onto the 2 circs without unravelling the whole darned sock, I will hopefully have a pair of socks that I can wear.

Signing off to go knit some more play food. :-) Hugs!

No comments: