Monday, March 17, 2008

why I knit for preemies

I'm in a sentimental mood today and was looking thru the photos on my computer (which of course still haven't been printed or scrapbooked, terrible mother that I am. Knitting has taken over my scrapbook time!) Anyway, I thought I would share with you the main reason I started knitting for preemies:

My Daughter Meghan. Born at 29 weeks, 2 lbs 14 oz. In this first photo she is only a couple hours old and is still on the respirator. Those are my mom's hands in the photo, I didn't get to see her until she was 15 hours old because I was recovering from the c-section.


in this next photo she is less than 2 days old. Notice the respirator is already gone, they figured she'd be on it for a couple weeks but she was only on it for 12 hours, hen a c-pap for another 12 hours and here she is just using a nasal cannula which she used for about another 10 days. By 2 weeks old she was already breathing completely on her own.

my tiny little princess snuggling with Momma. look how small her little hand was!

And here she is today, less than 2 years later. She'll be 2 at the end of April. She spent 8 weeks in the NICU and is now a healthy normal girl. Not to mention the fact that she's a ham whenever there's a camera involved! :-)

And that's why I knit for preemies. :-)

No comments: