Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No Mojo

I've got no knittin' mojo. Zero. Tonight was the first time I've knit in like, 5 days, and even then I only got about 4 rounds done on my tunic. It's not for lack of available projects, I have a whole closet full of yarn and needles and patterns. I just can't seem to find something that can keep my attention. I like the tunic but not the length of time it is going to take to make it. I thought about a pair of lace socks that I've been planning to do, but I didn't understand the pattern directions. I could probably figure them out, or at worst get some help from one of my fantastic knitting friends, but I wasn't up for that much of a challenge. I thought about doing another pair of socks but then I thought that it's too hot for socks anyway.

Hold on. Wait a second. I think I'm having an epiphany.

Yep, I understand now. I know why I can't knit. . .


IT'S TOO FREAKING HOT. It is hard to even think about things like scarves and sweaters and wool socks when it is 104 outside, every day for 2 weeks. Even holding the yarn makes me warmer, something I'm trying desperately to avoid. OK, now I understand. I'm not having knitter's block afterall! I'm just having, hmmm, what shall we call it? Summeritis? Sure, that works. I have summeritis, where I don't want to do anything that isn't summer-related, anything that would be reminiscent of cooler weather. Because in cooler weather you want to be warmer, and I REALLY don't want to be any warmer right now.

OK, I feel better now. I was getting worried, concerned with how long this horrible condition might last. At least now I know. I'm sure when it starts cooling off I won't have any problems thinking about nice warm items.

:::::::WHEW:::::::

back to your regularly scheduled blogging. :-)

1 comment:

John Francis said...

It's definitely the heat. There were a few days this week where I couldn't sit still long enough to knit so that's how I happened upon the Tidy Tote knitting buckets. Even last night at group knitting I couldn't stay focused very long and only got about 8 repeats of my scarf done. Stay cool.