Friday, December 7, 2007

finished project nightmare

I like quick knitting projects, the kind that take only a day or two to complete, a week at most. I realized why today. I had stepped outside my box and have been working on a shawl for my mom. This shawl:
Posh Yarn :: because everyone deserves a little luxury if you scroll down you'll see it, its the wildflower shawl. If you've been to either the Stitch N bitch at barnes and nobles in the arbouretum or at bluebonnet's chicks with sticks you've probably seen me working on it. Anyway, in the photo it has 12 rows of flowers, so that is what I did. It said to knit until it was 28 inches, and it is about that. I bound off. This has taken me like 2 months. I held it up and it is waaaayyyyyyyy too small!!!! ARRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I am so dissapointed it isn't even funny. I'd have to do at least another 5 rows of flowers for it to be big enough! Plus its already bound off and I don't think I have the patience left in me to pull it all apart and add that much more. Nor do I have the time, I was hoping tohave it done by her birthday which is Jan 8. I could seriously cry right now. THIS IS WHY I DON'T DO LONG PROJECTS!!!! If It had been a weekend project and had turned out too small, I would have said oh well. I've invested 2 months into this stupid shawl!!

I'm going to look for a quick pattern with chunkier yarn that I can knit up quickly, and I'm going to Michael's today. If I can face this stupid shawl without crying I may add the border and finish it for my husband's grandma who is pretty tiny.

::::::::::::::::huge sigh::::::::::::::::::::::

No comments: