Anyways, without further ado. . . My U of M socks!
I purposly started one on yellow and one on blue so they'd be funkier that way I wasn't going to have to worry they would match up. These would drive my friend Aggie crazy. :-)
Because the color stripes were so short (about one round per color) I did a slip stitch pattern to make them a little less dizziness-inducing. the only thing I'm not thrilled with is the ribbing at the top. The slip stitches all the way around the leg made them snug, and I did a 2x3 ribbing at the top to show off the color changes a bit better (the purl stitches made the stripes a bit wider and they were 60 sts around so a multiple of 5 was easy) the ribbing is actually less snug than the leg, so it ruffles a bit. Oh well.
I just did a simple short row heel so that it didn't mess up the stripe patterning. I usually wont' do a gusset heel on a self-striping yarn because by adding stitches it shortens the stripes and makes themlook funny. With these, I love how the color pooled and the stripes went diagonally. I'm very happy with them.
Here's a good close up. I think they turned out pretty well. Hopefully they bring my team some good luck when I wear them this fall. GO BLUE!!!